Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I had a dream about Heaven last night


It never occurred to me that I was either dead or raptured when I took my first step in heaven. I was completely at peace and all excited that I was about to see Jesus. All my possessions that were left behind did not matter at all. The things that I was worrying about just hours before never entered my mind.

The troubles and hardships at work I never thought of once. The price of gas which will cause our economy here in the United States to crash again suddenly was a little thing. The wars and rumors of wars around the world was unimportant. My wife's health was completely out of my control (as if I ever had any control).

I was in Heaven! It reminded me of the time that I was on mission in Africa and I was standing in the middle of the Great Riff Valley, looking around at the vastness of the Masai Mara, with thousands of God's creatures all around me and the sun was about to sit, the awe of it all filled me completely. I didn't know what to say then and I was speechless now.

When I think of "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem" which I do every night, I realize that this is the peace that I pray for. Not man's peace that is good today and gone tomorrow but the true peace that God supplies. I was feeling this peace. You know, I believe that if we really, really trust that God is in control and that we should completely trust in Him and Him alone, we would experience a form of this peace.

I'm going to see Jesus! I'm going to see Jesus! I kept telling myself. Then I woke up. One of these day, just wait, one of these days!

"Come Lord Jesus!"

alight

4 comments:

R. Gabe Davis said...

Most Christians don't have that perspective today. And it is hurting us as a family. If we live for Jesus all the wordly problems aren't really our problems, we just have to be ready for that glorious day to come and continue HIS work, not our own, until then. God Bless you brother. and please pray for The United Methodist Church. People are trying to bring worldly problems into it when their is so much of God's work to be done. True Christians need to support each other during these trying times when the society seems to be turning against us. Love and support will go along way.

Myra Johnson said...

Thank you for commenting on Picture My Thoughts. :) This is a thought provoking post on what it will be like in Heaven. I have thought about it a lot. We had a son killed five years ago in a car accident. He was 19 in his second year of college. Heaven will be such a wondrous place!

Take care! ---Myra

alight said...

Gabe, it is always great to hear from you. Amen my brother to your comment.

Myra, my heart goes out to you because of your son. I have one daughter. I can't even imagine what you have gone through. All I can say is that I will cry out to God tonight in my prayers that He will continue to bless you with peace and comfort.

Many blessings to the both of you.

alight

Myra Johnson said...

I would love to see your pictures! I also have a nature photography blog. A Look at Nature With Myra Johnson.blogspot.com

myragjohnson@gmail.com

Followers