Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life Goes On



I thought that I would write an update of my life these days. Those of you who read my blogs knows about the roller coaster ride that I have been on over the last few years. Many times I have wondered just what is going to happen next. It's been 1 year, 3 months, 17 days and 3 hours since my wife of over 37 years was taken from this world by cancer. 

Well, as you can see in this photo someone has come into my life. Dana was a God sent. We first started running together and hiking trails. Next it was going on 30 mile bike rides and eating out. We have so much in common it is remarkable. We both love to travel and started going on trips together. We so enjoyed each other's company so much I asked her to marry me and 3 days later she became my wife.

With each and every passing day we become closer and closer. We do have our differences, I'm a conservative she's a liberal, I'm a Republican she's a Demacrat and we learned quickly there are some things we are better off not talking about but most of the time we think so much alike that it is scary! She is so much fun to be around. Joy has come back into my life. We are constantly planning our next adventure. She makes me want to live again.

Do I still miss my wife of 37 years... every single day. The memories I have of our life together will be in my heart forever. Realizing that she is in no more pain and in a much better place helped me to heal from a broken heart and now with Dana in my life I want to continue to live and make more joyful memories. I'm excited again about the future. Maybe the next time I post a blog it will be about a mountain we've climbed or river we've kayaked down. Maybe it will be about a 60 mile bike ride or a half marathon we ran. Maybe a mission trip to a far away country! What ever the challenge may be I know Dana will be right there by my side (or in front of me when it comes to hiking and biking). 

A big thank you to all of you who have prayed for me and continually gave me encouraging advice. It did help and I am very grateful. I hope you feel free to call on me if your life turns up side down. 

alight

No comments:

Followers